Monday, September 24, 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Papaya and Rose Gold Swatches, Review


Just last week, I posted a rant about Revlon's Sculpting Blush palette. This week, I am reviewing two of the most popular shades in their Colorburst Lip Gloss line: Papaya and Rose Gold. Is this another dealbreaker product with Revlon, or are they back in my good graces? Find out more after the jump.

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Rose Gold 

 Product Information from the Revlon website:
Revlon ColorBurst Lip gloss for lips that shine with killer color. This weightless gloss makes lips pop with 5X more shine than patent leather.
A pop of weightless color with vivid, mirror-like shine. Outshines everything but you!
• Micro-crystal formula for 5X the shine of patent leather
• Plush applicator shaped to curves of your lips for smooth, even application of colour
• ColorBurst's Elasticolor™ technology for rich color with a weightless feel
• Moisturizers and anti-oxidants such as sweet almond oil and vitamin E conditions and improves lip texture


Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Papaya
Buying these lipglosses officially ends my MAC lipstick/lipglass streak! For the past six months, I have been buying nothing but MAC but the many reviews and swatches that I have seen about these lipglosses have made me cave in. These locally retail for about P460+ in Revlon counters but I actually found them on eBay for only P230 each. I was just planning to get Papaya but at 50% off normal retail price, I decided to make the most of shipping fees and get both. I assuaged my consumer conscience by reminding myself that even the two tubes of Revlon cost me less than just one MAC lipglass at P1000 each.  :)

BTW, I ordered these before I got the Revlon Sculpting Blush palette-- if it had been the other way around, I doubt if I would have dared do so without at least swatching at a department store first.
Rose Gold left, Papaya right (with flash)

Rose Gold left, Papaya right (no flash)
   
Rose Gold left, Papaya right (with flash). These hand swatches are pretty much what I get when I apply on the lips, because I like layering lipgloss thickly
The Kikay Mom take: 
I love them both! Papaya is a coral shade that is very opaque and can be worn on its own, even on pigmented lips like mine. Rose Gold is a somewhat pink brown shade with some gold mixed in (no glitters though, just shimmer) -- a little sheerer than Papaya. It can be worn on the lips alone if you are going for something MLBB (my lips but better). If you layer it over a lipstick, it alters the color of your lipstick by making it look lighter and a more neutral. 

The consistency was definitely lighter than MAC lipglasses. I had gotten so used to the sticky syrupy feel of MAC lipglass so it was definitely refreshing to slick on Revlon. While I don't really hate sticky lipglosses anymore, I sure do appreciate lighter formulas. However, because it felt less tacky and had more slip, the Revlon lipgloss (in both shades) only lasted two hours at most on me. 

There are some days when I have been wearing and reapplying this product several times until evening and by the end of the day, my lips did not dry out at all. In fact, they felt a bit smoother. Note that I don't really have that much problem with dryness in the lips, which is why I can just use this as a substitute for lip balm once in a while.
Wearing Rose Gold on lips. Pardon the messy hair: this was me and my Wonder Boy watching the Mickey Mouse live concert-- whenever Mickey and the gang broke into songs h would get excited and literally shake and squeeze me tightly! Notice the stranglehold around my poor neck. 


Plus points:
  • No taste or scent
  • Pretty colors
  • Has more product than MAC lipglass
  • A little moisturizing (for me, because I don't really have dry lips to start with)
  • The applicator is well-designed
  • The packaging lets you see the shade very well, and how much product you have left
  • A lot cheaper than MAC lipglass (especially since I scored a good deal at eBay)
  • Not sticky, comfortable to wear
Minus Points:
  • Not long lasting
  • Most other shades from this range were said to have gritty glitters-- with the exception of the two shades I got
Final say:
I keep both tubes in my kikay kit; both shades are versatile enough to go with most eye looks plus I use them to moisturize my lips when I feel I need something more fancy than lip balm. The staying power is not good so I only rely on them on days when I can reapply frequently or if I don't need to stay out that long. I say that if you need yourself some glossy pouty lips, get yourself at least one tube. Papaya looks so great for Pinay skin tones!

Will I repurchase? After I finish up each tube, I probably would. It's just that I have so many lipglosses already-- if I didn't though, I would probably haul the other Colorburst lipglosses too.


Do you have Any Revlon Colorburst lipgloss shades? How did you find it? Do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...